If You Have Difficulty Getting To The Dentist, Let The Concierge Dentist Manhattan Trusts Come to You
While maintaining a healthy dental care routine is important for people of all ages, it is vitally important for seniors. Dental care has an impact on our overall health, unfortunately, many older adults have difficulty getting to the dentist due to limited mobility or multiple health problems. A concierge dentist Manhattan residents trust can help you or your loved one keep healthy.
How can your dentist help you stay healthy? Many diseases have symptoms that originate in the mouth, and when your concierge dentist in NYC, examines your mouth, she can find evidence of any number of conditions or diseases.
- Anemia is one condition that older adults are more susceptible to because of having a poor diet or other health problems.
- Diabetes can slow down the body’s ability to heal, so seniors with tooth infections need to be aware that treatment may take longer than normal.
- Arthritis can make brushing and flossing difficult, so look for large gripped handled toothbrushes.
- Osteoporosis may be linked to periodontal bone and tooth loss.
- Diet deficiencies often occur because seniors have ill-fitting or loose dentures which make eating painful. Watch for symptoms of malnutrition such as bleeding gums.
- Heart and liver disease has been linked to poor oral health care. Aging adults should treat tooth infections right away as they can potentially cause Endocarditis, an infection of the inner lining of the heart and heart valves.
Alzheimer’s and Dementia. Maintaining proper dental care for seniors with Alzheimer’s disease may become increasingly challenging because they might forget to brush their teeth or forget how to brush their teeth. If you are caring for someone with dementia or Alzheimer’s, then you may need to assist them by proving them with short and simple instructions.
Dentures. Dentures need to be properly cleaned every day, and make sure to check that the dentures fit well. Signs of ill-fitting dentures include difficulty chewing and talking. Schedule a dental appointment so that your Manhattan concierge dentist can repair or adjust the dentures.
The Concierge Dentist Manhattan Residents Trust Makes Accessing Quality Dental Care Easy
Seniors who are bedbound or have limited mobility face a number of barriers to accessing high- quality dental care. Dr. Alisa Kauffman, your concierge dentist Manhattan residents rely on, removes those barriers by providing dental services in your home or apartment, and can work with patients wherever they are comfortable. If you are interested in learning more about the concierge dentist Manhattan loves or are ready to schedule an appointment, please contact us at (917) 826-6278.