3 Reasons Bedbound Dentistry NYC Is Important
Are you or your loved one bedridden and require access to quality dental care? Dr. Kauffman provides bedbound dentistry NYC to the elderly and infirm. Caring for those who are bedridden has its challenges, and helping seniors maintain regular dental care even more challenging. Dental care should never be neglected and there are 3 important reasons why:
- Chronic health diseases. According to Harvard Medical School, the connection between gum disease and chronic health diseases is inflammation. When you eliminate gum infection, you may reduce the harmful response throughout the body.
- Uneven jaw bone. When a person loses teeth and they aren’t replaced, this causes other teeth to shift in the mouth creating an uneven jaw bone which may change a person’s appearance and create problems biting.
- Denture induced stomatitis. When a person has poorly fit dentures and poor dental hygiene it can cause a buildup of fungus Candida albicans which causes inflammation underneath the denture. This condition may be painful and affect the senior’s ability to eat and may cause malnutrition.
How Bedbound Dentistry NYC Helps
Dr. Kauffman, a bedbound dentist NYC relies on, believes in treating the elderly population who are often neglected and vulnerable due to limited mobility or severe health problems. Dr. Alisa Kauffman, a top 25 dentist, specializes in bedbound dentistry NYC and provides the following services:
- Emergency visits
- Second opinions
- Scaling (to remove hard calculus)
- Prophys (cleaning)
- Small fillings
- New Dentures
- Repair broken dentures
- Partial dentures
- Repair partial dentures
- Replace lost teeth on partial and full dentures.
- Bite guards
If you are seeking bedbound dental care NYC, with a dentist experienced in working with Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease or Dementia, Dr. Kauffman is your dentist. Don’t delay in obtaining vital bedbound dentistry NYC services. For more information or to schedule an appointment please call 917-826-6278.